Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the MS Science and Engineering Fair (MSEF)
- The MSEF Region V is grateful to all those who support the efforts toward assisting young people in their scientific and engineering research pursuits. Teachers, parents, mentors and supervising researchers enrich the experience of the young scientists every year. Of course, the fair competition is fully dependent on volunteers and judges. Volunteers assist registration, display and safety checks. Judges review and score the research and presentations of the young scientists.
- In an effort to prepare our students for a more globally competitive science fair, Region V MSEF has adopted the revised judging criteria set forth by the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. Click on the following links for additional information and a copy of the new judging form.
- Region V MSEF Judging Criteria (adopted from ISEF guidelines)
February 18, 2020 Region V MSEF Upper Fair Humphrey Coliseum Starkville campus (Grades 6-12)
April 7, 2020 Region V MSEF Lower Fair Humphrey Coliseum Starkville campus (Grades K-5)
Eligibility requirements for judges.
- Eligibility requirements for Lower Fair judges (Grades K-5) April 7, 2020: College juniors, seniors and/or graduate students judge in the lower fair. Other qualified judges hold college/university degrees or industrial experience.
- Eligibility requirements for Upper Fair judges (grades 6-12) February 18, 2020: Qualified category judges should have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree to judge projects in the upper fair grades. Best of Fair judges should have a Master’s Degree, Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree OR related professional experience to judge projects in grades 9-12. Fair staff work to align area of expertise with the category judged.
Volunteer and Judging Registrations:
If you are interested in volunteering or judging at the Region V MSEF please click on the links below.
What should I do if I have to cancel judging and volunteering?
As professionals, we realize that sometimes meetings or conflicts arise on the dates of the science fair. If you sign up to volunteer/judge and realize you have a conflict, please notify the Fair Director, Dr. Shana Lee (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org), by email at least 48 hours prior to the Fair day. We would greatly appreciate if you could send someone in your place.