Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the MSEF
Registration for judging is OPEN
- The MSEF Region V is grateful to all those who support the efforts toward assisting young people in their scientific and engineering research pursuits. Teachers, parents, mentors and supervising researchers enrich the experience of the young scientists every year. Of course, the fair competition is fully dependent on volunteers and judges. Volunteers assist in setting up the facilities, registration, and score tabulations. Judges review and score the research and presentations of the young scientists.
- In an effort to prepare our students for a more globally competitive science fair, Region V MSEF has adopted the revised judging criteria set forth by the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. Click on the following links for additional information and a copy of the new judging form.
- Focus on Creativity and Presentation (word doc)
- Focus on Creativity and Presentation (pdf)
- Region V MSEF Judging Criteria (adopted from ISEF guidelines) word doc
- Region V MSEF Judging Criteria (adopted from ISEF guidelines) pdf
February 20, 2018 Region V MSEF Upper Fair Humphrey Coliseum Starkville campus (Grades 6-12)
April 10, 2018 Region V MSEF Lower Fair Humphrey Coliseum Starkville campus (Grades K-5)
Eligibility requirements for judges.
- Eligibility requirements for Lower Fair judges (Grades K-5) April 10, 2018: College juniors, seniors and/or graduate students judge in the lower fair. Other qualified judges hold college/university degrees.
- Eligibility requirements for Upper Fair judges (grades 6-12) February 20, 2018: Qualified judges should have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree to judge projects in the upper fair class 3 (grades 7-8). Judges should have a Master’s Degree, Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree OR related professional experience to judge projects in classes 4 and 5 in the upper fair (grades 9-12). Fair staff work to align area of expertise with the category judged.
Volunteer and Judging Registrations:
- Volunteers are needed to make the fair day run smoothly. Assistance is needed with: Registration, Display Safety Checks, Score Tabulation, Awards setup and assisting exhibitors/students with setting up their projects.
If you are interested in volunteering or judging at the Region V Fair or STATE fair click on the links below:
What should I do if I have to cancel judging and volunteering?
As professionals, we realize that sometimes meetings or conflicts arise on the dates of the science fair. If you sign up to volunteer/judge and realize you have a conflict, please notify the Fair Director, Shana Lee (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org), by email at least 48 hours prior to the Fair day. We would greatly appreciate if you could send someone in your place.